john deere disc 105 6 foot disc, looking for parts

/ john deere disc 105 6 foot disc, looking for parts #1  

ROYCEWILLARDOKLAHOMA

Bronze Member
Tractor
MX 5100 KUBOTA 2012/
the disc blades on the front left bar are all loose and wobble around, Im hunting parts 1_0214131621a_259476.jpg

/ john deere disc 105 6 foot disc, looking for parts #2  
   / john deere disc 105 6 foot disc, looking for parts
2013-03-11_11-00-29_783.jpg
That looks like a standard flange bearing available at most hardware stores. You need to disassemble to determine axle size and condition of the axles. Ken Sweet
Thank you man, I'm posting some more pictures. I have it off tractor now. all the others are tight. its just the one bar with problems. Looks like somebody replaced some parts and didnt get it back together tight. ill have the pics up soon now if you will take a look at them for me. Thanks again. And Im looking for a good place to start ordering part from.1_0214131621a_259476.jpg1_0214131621a_259476.jpg2013-03-11_11-00-23_642.jpg

Last edited:
   / john deere disc 105 6 foot disc, looking for parts #4  
TSC Durant has those flange bearings in stock (well most of the time) ... just as Ken said know the size of the axle as well as the condition. Some folks like grease less ones ... I like the flanges with the grease zerk.

Also Pettit Machinery Durant ... if not they can get them!!!

/ john deere disc 105 6 foot disc, looking for parts #5  
Also ... start soaking that axle nut with penetrating oil get a couple good sized pipe wrenches as well as a length of pipe ... sometimes the axle nut may even need heat to get it broke loose.

Also ... start soaking that axle nut with penetrating oil get a couple good sized pipe wrenches as well as a length of pipe ... sometimes the axle nut may even need heat to get it broke loose.

Thanks man, I got it fixed. When you were naming those places around durant It surprised me, Then I saw your screen name Blueriver and realized you were local, when you said TSC company did you mean Tractor supply? what looked like the problem was somebody kept using it after bearing went out and ate the shaft up some what and damaged the threads where the nut went on the end of the bolt. When they went back with new parts they could not tighten it all the way because of the threads, so all these parts were had slack between them. I went to tractor supply and bought a 36'' by 1'' inch all thread washers, nuts, and lock washers. On the inside end that I couldn't get a wrench of any size on because it fits flush with the end cap which the whole thing spins when you try to take nut off, I put 2 nuts and tacked them with a 7018 then started sliding all the parts on the way they go, then a big washer-and lock washer and nut with some anti seize on it. Next time I will be able to get a crescent on both ends, or crescent and a impact. Everything is back tight. I was worried if the all thread was strong enough? When leaving TSC I swung out by the implements and noticed all the new discs have all thread gang bolts.

/ john deere disc 105 6 foot disc, looking for parts #7  
Did you use the all thread as the axle? (The shaft that all the disc and disc spacers go on) ... I hope I read that wrong. The main shaft is a square axle and the disc have a square center to match the axle so they won't spin on the shaft.

/ john deere disc 105 6 foot disc, looking for parts #8  
Small world ... I'm going to be in your area mid morning talking to a possible auction client. I don't think we've met ... if your an auction fan you've probably been to one or more of my auction sales.

Small world ... I'm going to be in your area mid morning talking to a possible auction client. I don't think we've met ... if your an auction fan you've probably been to one or more of my auction sales.

Im in filmore, off of Callen Road.

Did you use the all thread as the axle? (The shaft that all the disc and disc spacers go on) ... I hope I read that wrong. The main shaft is a square axle and the disc have a square center to match the axle so they won't spin on the shaft.

The main shaft on mine was a 1 inch by 36 inch bolt. That goes through the center of all the parts. My discs wont all be turning independently but that shouldn't be a problem in sandy regions i dont think. They will all turn as one so there will be only 2 bearings to wear out. All the new ones are like this I think, or the ones I looked at. I will know in a few hours how it works and post the results. If its as good as I think Im doing them all like this. Its a $18 fix.