How NOT to Install Dry Cylinder Sleeves

/ How NOT to Install Dry Cylinder Sleeves #11  
Several years back as a teenager, I was helping my Dad rebuild the 861 Ford that I now have. He told me to take the new sleeves and put them in the freezer. I looked at him like he was crazy. Turns out he knew exactly what he was doing and I got to learn how to put dry sleeves in. That video makes me hurt!

/ How NOT to Install Dry Cylinder Sleeves #12  
Head gasket should seal well also with all the wood chips under the sleeve ledge.

I was LMAO, as I was watching the video.

/ How NOT to Install Dry Cylinder Sleeves #13  
So what sort of cheap bastard would send their block off to get machined for new liners but not have the machine shop install the liners since all he had to do the job was a block of wood and a hammer? That's like buying nice tires for your truck and then not spending the extra $10 to install and balance each one because you've got two slotted screw drivers at the house.

/ How NOT to Install Dry Cylinder Sleeves #15  
I bet the counter bores are out of spec too!

/ How NOT to Install Dry Cylinder Sleeves
So what sort of cheap bastard would send their block off to get machined for new liners but not have the machine shop install the liners since all he had to do the job was a block of wood and a hammer? That's like buying nice tires for your truck and then not spending the extra $10 to install and balance each one because you've got two slotted screw drivers at the house.

Some people will do anything to save a buck. :confused2:

/ How NOT to Install Dry Cylinder Sleeves #17  
Some people will do anything to save a buck. :confused2:

Or be a youtube star. Maybe his idea of having it machined to fit the top of the liner was him with a 4 1/2" grinder.

/ How NOT to Install Dry Cylinder Sleeves #18  
Perhaps it was not about being cheep, but that he actually he felt he knew how to properly install them!
Hope it works for his sake!!
90cummins

/ How NOT to Install Dry Cylinder Sleeves #19  
The question I have... Does heating the block make the hole larger... or smaller, i.e. metal expands when hot. So should you not use a CO2 fire extinguisher on both the block and sleaves?

Rancher

/ How NOT to Install Dry Cylinder Sleeves #20  
Yeah that's not good no lube or heat or anything.:laughing: I have sleeved lots of engines and my best trick besides properly boring the block for a .001-.0015" press fit (room temp measurement) is take a topless pop can with alcohol and set it in the bottom of the bore and below it and light it so that would heat it evenly.

I would freeze my liners and lightly oil them with motor oil just before installing them in the block and lightly tap them in with a board and that worked great did that for years. You still have to finish size bore/hone all of them but this way there is minimal distortion and also what this guy left out is they have to be face cut flush with the block with the boring bar after installation.