Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2
yeah I looked at 2.25 I'm going to try to get my hands on a caliper measure and go take a more precise measure than I did before, the rod end is not a problem there was one of the 2.25 that looked a possibility but I think might be too tight on the cylinder pin hook up end. I also found one at Tractor supply that I am tempted to just pick up and try the fit and if it doesn't work return it. It is a 2 x 16" so kind of short and it has clevis ends that I think will actually fit but probably are not as strong as the crosstube style.

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2 #22  
You know, that 2X17" cylinder could easily have the rod cut down to the correct length.This could allow you to exactly match the OEM's retracted length ( not sure if the others were exact in that aspect?) and it is the closest match (2" bore cylinder) they have to OEM stroke. If you don't weld, any welding shop could cut the cross tube off, cut the rod to correct length aaand weld cross tube back on. Should be about $20-$25 based on local prices. I had to cut/weld every cylinder on my FEL when building it, it's not difficult work.

I know.....much easier to just find/use a ready unit. Just throwing some ideas out there.

I think the clevis ends would work fine, as with all of them just need to make sure the pin hole are the right size.

Edit: If you wanted to go with a 16" stroke cylinder, YZoutlet ( posted in my first response) has 2X16 crosstube cylinders for $70. They have 1.25" rods which is heavier than any of the S. Center 16" stroke cylinders.

Last edited:
   / Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2
The one on YZoutlet does not say what the end size is, the rod side cross tube doesn't matter but the other end does. The 17" from surplus center wont work the retracted length is way to long. I think I am going to grab the 16" one at tractor supply this weekend just to try to fit it, if it doesn't work I'll take it back. It a tie rod cylinder though but it might work, its worth a try. Otherwise I think I'll have to go OEM as every one I find online seems to not work for some reason, the biggest reason that can not be easily worked around is the width of the cylinder end.