Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2 #1  

firedog79

Tractor
Kubota L2250
I am trying to help my father find a part for his tractor, i am not overly tractor savy and he is not internet savy so this is a bit of a search. He needs a dipperstick and bucket cylinder. It is a Woods BH750-2 hoe. To me it appears he needs part # 62261. One I would like to be very sure that it the right part and it would even be better if there is some other cylinder that would work in its place from another retailer as he has so far balked on spending $400 + for the part, if I have to I'll just order it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, he says he is fine but I know he has projects he would love to be working on to keep him busy.

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2 #2  
What exactly is wrong with the cylinder..?? If the cylinder rod is rusty, or bent you may be able to just buy that component. I found a site that has that cylinder for $368 and some change. OEM Parts

The boom cylinder shows you are able to buy component's for it separately, but not the bucket cylinder. But surely you can.

That, or if you have a good hydraulic repair shop near may be able to repair it.

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2
He definitely needs the whole unit, it is all bent up, my brother thought it was a good idea to hook onto the boom to pull it out and it really bent up, there was one failed attempt to fix it involving bending and welding and it only made it worse. This same brother, who believe it or not is an engineer lol, says there has got to be a place to buy a generic hydraulic cylinder that will work but he said he was having trouble with measurements and sizing. I was hoping maybe someone had found the right replacement somewhere else before. Thanks for the info on the $368 one a few bucks cheaper after shipping than I had already found it.

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2 #4  
This same brother, who believe it or not is an engineer lol,

sorry to go a bit off topic here, but that made me laugh...
a few years ago at work, our boss was a professional engineer, he was often referred to as a 'theoretical genius, but a practical idiot'...:laughing:

Pete

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2 #5  
You may try looking here: Surplus Center - Hydraulics, Engines, Electrical and More They have all kinds of cylinders. Some standard, and some odd ball stuff. They are listed by piston size, so that should help narrow down some candidates. The part description if I remember correctly give the cylinder size. Finding one with the correct ends may be the hard part. A good hydraulic cylinder shop may have a generic, but probably in the same ball park on price.

Don't rule out ebay... You can always post the part number, and save the search. It will let you know when one is posted. A lot of NOS items show up there at times...

Yup, understand the engineer thing. Worked for quite a few for 30 some years. And have a nephew that is one... Showed me a new Courthouse he "built" in their town... Two weeks later, he was having a problem on how to install/support a shelf in a closet. Go figure...

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2 #7  
From surplus center : https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-8383&catname=hydraulic

Although your backhoe requires a 2" this is a 3" but it is correct length , were as in the 2" diameter size , a couple I found were short as in 16 1/8" or 16.125 instead of 16.75 .

like these : https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-8194&catname=hydraulic or this one https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-8085&catname=hydraulic

Fred H

This according to OEM parts is a exact size for boom assembly : https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-8079&catname=hydraulic

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2 #8  
Yup, understand the engineer thing. Worked for quite a few for 30 some years. And have a nephew that is one... Showed me a new Courthouse he "built" in their town... Two weeks later, he was having a problem on how to install/support a shelf in a closet. Go figure...[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2 #9  
understand the engineer thing
Yep, they can tell you the square root of a pickle but can't figure out how to get it out of a jar....Mike

/ Trying to help my father get his backhoe back up and running Woods BH750-2 #10  
Yep, they can tell you the square root of a pickle but can't figure out how to get it out of a jar....Mike

LOL..!! I like that..!! Mind if I borrow it..?? :)