Briggs opposed twin starting problem

/ Briggs opposed twin starting problem #1  

Md2002710

Tractor
Craftsman lt1000
Hey I'm new here, I'm having a problem with my briggs opposed, whenever I try to start it iy will take probably 5min to start I replace the coil because it was shorted new plugs fuel pump rebuilt new fuel lines carb has been cleaned the thing is is that it is only getting fuel to the left cylinder the lower one of the two, if I pull the right side plug out and hang the plug on the shroud if will start right up on one cylinder of course then when I put the other one back it will sometimes start, and ideas?

/ Briggs opposed twin starting problem #2  
:welcome:

/ Briggs opposed twin starting problem #3  
Hi, sorry your having problems. How do you know its not getting fuel? Have you checked the Flywheel Key to see
if its sheared? A lot of those engines had valve seat problems. Need to do a leakdown test on the cylinder.
Just a thought. The more info you can supply the better to help figure it out.

/ Briggs opposed twin starting problem
After cranking a while ill pull the plugs and only one will be wet and no the flywheel key is not sheared

/ Briggs opposed twin starting problem
Once I get it started I will run no problem, while its cranking you could see vapor coming out of the left cylinder but no the right.

/ Briggs opposed twin starting problem #6  
I would check compression and valve adjustment look for push rods not moving, blockage to the "bad" cylinder etc.