Farmall Cub wont crank

/ Farmall Cub wont crank #1  

cubman1

Tractor
1959 Farmall Cub, 1991 Ford 5610
Hi. I have a 1959 farmall cub that I haven't started in a couple of years. I put a new battery on it and pulled the starter and it turned over pretty fast. About two weeks later I tried it again. Nothing. I know its not the battery. can someone help me please?

/ Farmall Cub wont crank #2  
Check the contacts on the starter switch for corrosion.

/ Farmall Cub wont crank #3  
Cub is a fairly simple tractor. I would first check your battery there may be a short killed it. If battery is good check ground I believe it should be positive ground on the 59 cub also check wire to starter. A bad or dirty connection is another possibility.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Farmall Cub wont crank
so the positive cable is the ground?

/ Farmall Cub wont crank #5  
Yes, the positive post is the ground, if it is still the original 6V system.

Most definitely check the battery to see if it is charged. The voltage regulator may have stuck, and allowed the battery to drain.

/ Farmall Cub wont crank
where is the voltage regulator?

/ Farmall Cub wont crank
thanks for your help guys. I put the charger on the battery and it was pretty close to being dead. I hope this solves why it wont even turn over!

/ Farmall Cub wont crank #8  
thanks for your help guys. I put the charger on the battery and it was pretty close to being dead. I hope this solves why it wont even turn over!

If the new Battery went dead so soon look for the short or reason it went dead so you don't have to charge your cub every time you want to use it.

/ Farmall Cub wont crank
It wasn't the battery. I have it fully charged and hooked up to the cub. I pulled the starter and nothing happened

/ Farmall Cub wont crank #10  
Check the ground cable, where it mounts, and even check the crimped on ends. They can be corroded, or even loose on the inside of the crimped end. If someone has replaced the original cables with smaller automotive type cables, those crimped on ends can cause problems.

And, as mentioned check the contacts under the cap of the starter button, on top of the starter. Two screws should hold it on.

I'd guess the regulator stuck, and let the battery run down. As to the location, not real sure, as I don't have one, but all of my tractors a size bigger, either has them mounted directly on the generator, or just below it. If not there, check on the fuel tank support. If not there, follow the wires back from the generator.