Farmall cub transmission problem

/ Farmall cub transmission problem #1  

cubman1

Tractor
1959 Farmall Cub, 1991 Ford 5610
hi everyone. I'm having some problems with my three speed on the cub. when I try to start it, its in the neutral position but it lurches forward. The problem is that it will slide right into second gear without having to put any force on it. It might start by pressing the clutch, but I need to fix this transmission problem. Also,thank you to the folks who helped me with my little starting problem. I actually got a man to come over to my house who has enough parts to build a cub. so thanks everyone.

/ Farmall cub transmission problem #2  
Could be just the shifting fork slipped on the shifting shaft. Jamb bolt may have loosened out of the notch. Below is a link to an exploded view of the shift tower, and components. #9 is the shift shaft, and #15 would be the 2nd and 3rd gear shifting fork.

You'll need to remove the cover, and take a look. Hopefully nothing is broke, and as I said, it just slipped, not pulling it back out of 2nd gear.

Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Parts Search and Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

/ Farmall cub transmission problem #3  
I couldn't penetrate the linked site. Do Cubs have a pin in the tower that keeps the lever lines up to the forks/rails? Could be worn at this age. I am.
Jim

/ Farmall cub transmission problem #4  
The link worked fine for me, just takes a few seconds to load.

/ Farmall cub transmission problem #5  
Could very well be one, or both of the detent springs and balls have come out.