I need help finding a bolt

/ I need help finding a bolt #1  

pinkpixybug

Tractor
4835 Ford Newholland
I have a 4835 Ford Newholland and am having a hard time finding a bolt that attaches the bucket to the main frame, we have tried
Brim Tractor, Fasteners inc, Mcmaster/carr, and Tacoma bolt and Screw, and no luck so far.

The bolt is 8.8 grade m16dia x 130mm in length, 1.5 thread pitch .

Does anyone have this bolt or know where I can get two of them? Please help. :confused3:

Last edited:
   / I need help finding a bolt #2  
The very first place I would look is my Ford - New Holland dealer. Big metric bolts are hard to find but a good dealer can have one coming your way pretty quick, all it takes is a phone call.

/ I need help finding a bolt
Yes, My Ford dealer, "Brim Tractor", they were the first place we called and they special ordered it, when it came in it was not the same dimensions as the bolt that came out of the tractor. So we tried a few other places and finally went back to "Brim Tractor" just after posting this and their response was that they are going to look into why the part does not match the part # and locate the part. Whew.
In the meantime we did locate the bolt in grade 10 from another source, Woo Hoo! Now we wait till Tuesday for them to get it in and we can compare dimensions.

Thank you for your response......:tractor:

/ I need help finding a bolt #4  
Could you explain what the differences are between the bolt you have and what is commercially available.
often times a manufacture will take a stock item and modify it for their application. I see this a lot at work a part may be described as"bolt 16x130(m) " where the m references a modification.

/ I need help finding a bolt #5  
You have already found a source but my recommendation would be your Cat dealer as they have been all metric for over 20 years and that M16 would fall in quite common although I believe they only use grade 10.9, no 8.8s.

/ I need help finding a bolt #7  
If it has a nut on it you could use a 5/8" X 5" grade 8. Basically same diameter, only 5 thou smaller, and just 1/8" shorter in length. Should be easier to find.

/ I need help finding a bolt #8  
Toy maintenance is getting expensive. I recently paid twenty six dollars and change for a one inch grade eight bolt seven inches long with one and one half inch standard threads on one end.

/ I need help finding a bolt #9  
Have you tried
Home | Fastenal

we have a local store and they have a big selection and often can order the odd ones. Not the cheapest game in town but not too bad when you really need something.

Good luck

/ I need help finding a bolt #10  
I often need help finding bolts. Crawling around under some machine, cussing these bifocals!