1600 Ford showing its age

/ 1600 Ford showing its age #1  

robto

Tractor
Ford 1600, JD 172
Gentlemen, I have a 1600 Ford 4wd (2Cyl diesel) which I have put thru a lot over the last year. Recently had it in the shop for some hydraulic repairs and noticed oil on the floor and side of the machine. Seems that it perculates out the exaust at extended idle. Significant mess, though I am not noticing much loss on the stick. Power is okay but could be better. Any thoughts on where to start looking for the problem? Will request feedback on a trannsmission issue later. Thanks in advance for any help. RJ

/ 1600 Ford showing its age #2  
Is it diesel or oil.Is it comming out the exhaust pipe or out the breather tube . If it is comming out the exhaust it is diesel and is caused by to much idleing and operating at low rpm's and isn't an issue. If is oil comming out the breathjer tube it is a sign of blow by and is caused by piston rings getting worn.
Bill

/ 1600 Ford showing its age
Thanks for the quick feedback. I guess it could be diesel. That would explain lack of oil loss. Guess black color could be carbon. If it is fuel, does this indicate a need for some injector adjust?
RJ

/ 1600 Ford showing its age #4  
I would service the air cleaner and run some fuel conditioner through it.
Bill