komatsu left steering clutch problem

/ komatsu left steering clutch problem #1  

DeArmond

Tractor
komatsu d20p,IH706,caseIh459,mahindra 4500
when operating on a flat plane clutch wont work , but when you nose the trator down hill clucth work like a charm is this a clucth, break, or a linkage problem?

/ komatsu left steering clutch problem #2  
Since the clutches are disengaged by applying pressurised oil, im wondering if you are just low on hyd oil.

Last edited:
   / komatsu left steering clutch problem #3  
Since the clutches are disengaged by applying pressurised oil, im wondering if you are just low on hyd oil.

Thats what it sounds like to me too but I'm confused why it should just be the left side

/ komatsu left steering clutch problem
this one is a old straight shift tractor ,left clucth paddle two hand controls for steering right paddle breake the right clucth works but makes nose like its breake needs adj . my dozer is a d20p-5 s/n 45001 and up range (an old rice patty special)

/ komatsu left steering clutch problem #5  
You got me stumped there. I only have experience with powershift wet clutch models and newer. Sorry i cant help ya.

/ komatsu left steering clutch problem #6  
If you haven't already I'd try to adjust the steering clutch on that side. At the rear of the dozer (on my d20p6) there are removable plates with a 17mm adjustment bolt under it. It can be hard to move if not adjusted in a long time. Bring a breaker bar and wd40 just in case.

/ komatsu left steering clutch problem
thanks boys wil-do