Massey Ferguson 1010 Hydro drive pump- transmission question

/ Massey Ferguson 1010 Hydro drive pump- transmission question #1  

Kevko

Tractor
MF GC2410
Dear fellow Tractor owners, does anyone know the manufacturer that Massey Ferguson purchased their model 1010 hydrostatic drive pump/transmission components from? Are they still in existance? And finally is there anything else that could be swapped out/modified and installed in the original parts place to keep this tractor going? I am doing a little research before purchasing one of these models as my second tractor, so I am comfortable with some longevity from it and my investment in buying it.

Thanks Kevko

/ Massey Ferguson 1010 Hydro drive pump- transmission question #2  
You would most likly need to get parts off a salvaged machine. The hydro drives in these tractors were far less reliably comparded to the gear drive trans.

/ Massey Ferguson 1010 Hydro drive pump- transmission question
I have been getting several Massey Ferguson 1010 Hydro trans beware messages, and am curious to know exactly where the failure of these drives are failing? I find it hard to believe it is internal in the pump. I would think it was the shaft spline and receiver of the trans wearing and stripping. Can anyone confirm if I am close to what happens when they fail? If so is there a creative fix to it to keep it going since parts are scarce? Or maybe even a preventive enhancement to minimze the potential of it happening?

Kevko