"Real" R-1's becoming extinct?

/ "Real" R-1's becoming extinct? #11  
Re: \"Real\" R-1\'s becoming extinct?

E-mail Firestone from that internet site and see if they are indeed discontinued. Sometimes stores don't want to mess with ordering when they have something that will work.

/ "Real" R-1's becoming extinct?

Don't know why I didn't think of that. Just launched inquiry, and will report back....................chim

Firestone sent the following response:

<font color="blue"> We currently only produce the bar-type garden tires in The All Traction Field & Road design designated G1.</font>

These are the ones I saw at the Firestone store. My Kubota dealer is still looking for another manufacturer in hopes of getting the more aggressive tires.....................chim

/ "Real" R-1's becoming extinct? #14  

The tires on my mitsu are Oatsu, I don't know where you'd be able to get them, or what sizes are available.

/ "Real" R-1's becoming extinct? #15  

So they have this tipe of tire for the front....

carlisle_superlug.gif

But you are looking for this type.......

16-199612-tirepost.jpg

These are 8x16, and I just got them last year. I think the problem with your fronts, is that they are a size that gets used mostly on the rear of a garden tractor. In garden tractor use, people tend to like the "bar" style better, becouse it is better for use on grass then a true R1 tire. I would shop around though. As others have said, I am sure anouther coumpy makes the tire you are looking for, in the size you need. Good luck, and happy hunting. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ "Real" R-1's becoming extinct? #16  

Do you consider the R1's from Titan real or not? I haven't seen a problem getting what I consider real R1's for my machines. I believe there are a fair number of different versions of R1's. Take a look at the Titan site and let me know.

Andy

Titan has some good-looking R1's, but the problem comes in when looking for 5-12's. My Kubota dealer is giving it one last shot before I give up and get the Firestone G-1's. One of the guys at the dealership thinks they got a set of what I'm looking for within the last year, but can't remember the manufacturer's name. I've done searches on the 'net without succcess.

When I get all four tires on the Ford, I'll post a pic.............. chim

EUREEKA - Scored on the fronts. After going to the Firestone website and using the dealer locator in ever-expanding circles, found a pair of AR-1 tires for the front. The thirteenth dealer I called (and some had multiple stores they checked) I found a dealer that had three(?) of them in stock. I'd have bought four if he had them. They were $43 each, which is almost exactly the price of the G-1's that I really didn't care for.

Wifey and I made a day trip out of it. She's always up for a trip. She really likes the ice cream at the Penn State Creamery in State College, so we took the cooler along "just in case" we were getting close to Happy Valley. Left Lancaster County around 11:30AM and headed to a small town near Altoona for the tires. Gary's tires fixed us up in short order, and we headed up 99/220 to PSU where we grabbed two 1/2 gallons of some of the world's best ice cream (and a buck's worth of dry ice), then headed back home on 322. Completed the trip by 18:00. The weather was better for a trip than it would have been for seat time. A good time was had by all.......................chim

Attachments

• 305498-P8160996.JPG
    305498-P8160996.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 249
   / "Real" R-1's becoming extinct? #19  

Chim I squinted real hard at your picture, that doesn't look like ice cream from here...

/ "Real" R-1's becoming extinct? #20  

I haven't been to Centre County since Bellding & Mull went out of business. They made some really great stuff for reloading cartridges. My Mom grew up in Phillipsburg, that's how I knew where to go.