Replacement Cabureator for Sato/Mitsubishi 650 G

/ Replacement Cabureator for Sato/Mitsubishi 650 G #1  

Rich Jakowski

I would like to replace the carburetor on my Sato 650 G. A factory replacement, even if I can find one, is going to be pretty expensive.

Are there any other options for a replacement carburetor on this tractor?

/ Replacement Cabureator for Sato/Mitsubishi 650 G #2  
Rich, there is a Satoh forum here on TBN. You can do a search there and probably find what you are looking for. Two vendors who frequent there are Valley Power and Japanese Tractor Repair Dixon, IL. Either one of those can help you through rebuilding your carb or sell you another one.

/ Replacement Cabureator for Sato/Mitsubishi 650 G #3  
Do you have any forklift repair places around? The forklift is usually delivered with gas fuel system and converted in the field to LP. Those little forklift carbs are surplus, and are a bolt-on. A friend in the biz gave me two. I put one on my IH 284, and the other on my IH 414 (I had to adapt that one, not a bolt on). They have a 12v don't start solenoid on them. You need to feed power to it or disable it. There are SAE protocols for carb bases. If the hole spacing is correct, it will probably be in the correct range of power. I have a 1948 Ford straight six on my sawmill. I replaced the Ford one barrel with a later model Chevy carb and improved my fuel efficiency 100%.

/ Replacement Cabureator for Sato/Mitsubishi 650 G #4  
Try Roberts Farm Equipment in Ohio. I bought a transmission shaft for my S550G and carbs appear to be the same as on S650G.