Massy 165 fuel problem

/ Massy 165 fuel problem #1  

Sean165

Tractor
MF 165
I started my Massy for the first time this year - started right up and ran for about 2 hours. I parked it last week and went to start it this week - it will not start. I went through bleeding the system - looseing the lower and upper vent plugs - fuel was there and coming out with pressure. I loosened the fuel line going to the injector - no fuel - using the key to turn over the tractor. I am at a loose. How can it run so well last week after sitting for 4 months and this week - it will not start. I know I am having a fuel problem. The injector pump was rebuilt last year - the tractor ran great. Is there something else I need to bleed out? Normally - I when I put the injector pump back on - it only took a few turns of the engine to get fuel to come out of the injector line (first cylinder)- I have turned the engine over numerous times - still not fuel. Please help
My wife thinks all I do is work on the tractor - I hope it is something simple.
Thanks

/ Massy 165 fuel problem #2  
G'day Sean first thing to check is the stop lever on the top of the inj pump going all the way to the run position? If it is then you can try pulling the throttle to full fuel and checking for fuel delivery at the inj lines it may be that the govenor rack has jammed in the off position, I have got them going by giving the side of the pump a rap with a rubber mallet ( does not work all the time but it has got them going ) not on the top cover where the shafts go through but on the side of the main body. If this does not work then I think you will have to remove pump and get it looked at it may be that the rack lever or the govenor has worn a groove and is not letting the rack open in the pump.

Jon

/ Massy 165 fuel problem
Thanks Jon - I will give that a try. The pump was rebuilt last year