7030 allis chalmer injectors

/ 7030 allis chalmer injectors #1  

nattynuts5886

Tractor
1940s mccormick deering 0-4, 170 allis chalmer, 950 john deere, 7030 and 7040 allis chalmer 986 international
hello i am trying to pull out injectors out of my 7030 allis chalmer and they just dont want to come out. i tried a slide hammer and dint budge them so tried a pry bar nothing, than last night i tried a shop crane and got 1 to pop out no damage done to it but it took so much preasure from the crane to pull them out. is there an easier way to pull them out. thanks

/ 7030 allis chalmer injectors #2  
When they become stuck that tight, you may have to make some sacrifices. Remove the exhaust manifold(if you haven't already), and unscrew the pressure adjusting screw from one injector. Weld a nut to it that will match the biggest slide hammer you can find. Remove the spring from the injector and thread your new "adapter" back into the body. With some help from a large heel bar under one of the flanges and a strong arm to pull on it, give your slide hammer all you've got and see if it moves. You might also try a big punch to try and rotate them to break the rust bond before attempting removal. Sometimes by the time you get them all out, there's not much left of them.

/ 7030 allis chalmer injectors
thank you for your help. I have 5 out of 6 out one still is being a pain in the butt.