Stuck Quik-Tach Pins

/ Stuck Quik-Tach Pins #1  

MarkV

Tractor
1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39
The quick attach system on my Kubota loader is the BobCat Quik-Tach type of system where levers engage pins that attach an implement to the loader frame. Well I have not dropped the bucket in a good while and I can't get the pins to disengage. I have been soaking them with PB Blaster for the last week and forced as much grease into the fittings as I could without any success. :mad: Any tips, tricks or advice would be appreciated.

MarkV

/ Stuck Quik-Tach Pins #2  
It's a long shot but a load in the bucket might take some stress off the lower pins. And pushing the bucket down onto the ground would stress it the other way. Maybe some back and forth.

/ Stuck Quik-Tach Pins #3  
I've had to bang mine free from the bottom before, but after walking out and looking at my father-in-law's bucket on his Kubota, it doesn't look like a nice straight shot with a single jack. It does look like a prybar would work just fine though.

/ Stuck Quik-Tach Pins
I've had to bang mine free from the bottom before, but after walking out and looking at my father-in-law's bucket on his Kubota, it doesn't look like a nice straight shot with a single jack. It does look like a prybar would work just fine though.

John I had the same thought on pounding or prying. I run a Bobcat skid steer bucket on this tractor and the way it is set up I can't seem to get good leverage point.

JMC, had the same thought as you and have tried in multiple positions as well as exerting pressure to the front of the bucket hoping it would release pressure from the pin. No Go.

Thanks for the replies.

MarkV

/ Stuck Quik-Tach Pins #5  
I've seen a few that required taping the bottom of the pins with a hammer.

/ Stuck Quik-Tach Pins #6  
Rather than the main pin being frozen, could it be the handle assembly? With that toggle mechanism, you should be able move the handle a fair amount before the lock pin tries to move.

The other odd thing is that both sides are frozen. What's the chance of that?

/ Stuck Quik-Tach Pins #7  
You could likely use something like a hydraulic bottle jack placed under the pins to push them up, may have to use some sort of steel that will fit into the slot if you still cant get it to move after the pin gets flush with the bottom Not much room for anything to pry or hammer on it. My brother in laws NH has some sticky pins also that require some finesse to get them to raise and lower, but so far only needed some prying on the lift handles themselves to make it move along with rocking the bucket back and forth.

/ Stuck Quik-Tach Pins
With the skid steer bucket configuration there isn't a good way to get a jack, hammer or pry bar in there. The handles move freely and I have used a cheater pipe to the point the handles started bending. Can't do anymore of that.

Thanks for the ideas.

MarkV

/ Stuck Quik-Tach Pins #9  
I've had to unstick my quick attach pins many times. Usually a good spray with lube and then unlock the handle(s) and hit the pins up with a hammer. They shouldn't take much force with the hammer to get them to go up. Once you get the bucket off you can lube and free them up good to start the cycle over again.

/ Stuck Quik-Tach Pins #10  
I worked for a landscape company that used our skid steer to load salt and move snow all winter. We ran into this no matter how much grease or whatever we did in the fall... every spring it was the same story. Fire up the torch and put a pipe on the lever and work em loose. Don't pry too hard, just an aid and to avoid the hot handle. Once you get em loose you can clean them up, disassemble if necessary, like the other guys said. On my deere I just have a couple linch pins that hold the bottom of the bucket in - Much easier!