Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Default Re: metric mower belts Rhino XM750/ Sitrex SM 230

That belt on eBay doesn't look right. I ordered them today from the NAPA store, as I really want to pull the old ones before they break, and that can't be far off. They charged $52 ea. plus whatever the freight will be from Georgia. I think the belts need this pattern to handle the back bend around those idlers.

-metricpixsm04-jpg
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Here's the fix I did for the rusty 'wheel axle' bolts. Though they were metric, I discovered that a 3/8 NC bolt threads freely though the metric captive nuts, if only just slightly loosely. I replaced the bolts with stainless 3 1/2" X 3/8" bolts with stainless fender washers and lock nuts, double nutting the captive nuts after the bolts were well tightened in from the top. I think this will be an okay fix, except it will make opening the belt case a bit of a pain, as I will have to remove the lock nuts each time I open the cases. I will be working on a workaround for that soon.

-mower-bolts-001-jpg

-mower-bolts-002-jpg

-mower-bolts-003-jpg

-mower-bolts-004-jpg
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Found the belt....Pix makes the correct model.

PIX USA, Belt Cross Reference

They're only $34 each here (this is the Pix online catalog), but they call it A-XPB2800:

https://www.allpartsstore.com/ItemList.htm

Even better, $11 each on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-Engin.../dp/B00008A526

Tractor

Seems like a good price on the correct blades....did some cross-referencing, and this guy says the Caroni 7'7" blade is the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARONI-TC910...E:L:OC:US:3160

Tractor

Quick update. The first couple of uses, I managed to pop one of the belts off of the pulleys when hitting heavy grass, or lightly scalping the ground. I noticed that the two belts were obviously different ages, so the tension wasn't matched...having the loose belt correctly tensioned made the newer belt too tight (bad for the bearings).

So, I got the Goodyear belts from Amazon....$11 each! They fit perfectly, and they aren't popping off the pulleys like the older, incorrect belts were, and I intentionally ran it through some heavy stuff to test it...no problems. The bad news is I just posted a review on Amazon, and noted they increased the price to $25 per belt. I got the last two in stock, so it's likely they were from an earlier purchase, and the prices have gone up. Still, their price is something like $9 cheaper than the next best, and I'm happy they're Goodyear belts made in the USA!

Tractor
    New Holland TC40DA

If you don't mind me asking, what do you pull this with, I have a tc40da to do misc work with and a client that wants 5 acres mowed once a month, would this tractor pull this and would this mower do a good job mowing a field once a month? Thanks

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by kartingdad View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you pull this with, I have a tc40da to do misc work with and a client that wants 5 acres mowed once a month, would this tractor pull this and would this mower do a good job mowing a field once a month? Thanks
    Sorry for the delay in replying, I must have missed this. I've used this mower with my LS R4047 and MF 241, both of which are a bit bigger than your TC, but I'm certain you would have no problem running it with your machine. My LS had 38.5hp at the PTO, and I think your TC has maybe 5 less, but that will be more than enough.

Overall, I think the Sitrex gives a nice cut, seems to run smooth, and hasn't given me any problems. Mine had the older pneumatic tires that I just changed over to solid rubber. I found solid replacements online, bought the correct size mounting cone, and pressed them on with a shop press...worked out pretty well in the end and cost about $175 for everything.
    Life is short, time is precious, buy enough tractor!

Tractor

To swap the tires from pneumatic to solid, I got the tires from Tiresusa for $35 each, and the mounting cone from Carefreetire for $25 (many places charge $75 for them). You need a shop press to mount the tires, but it's actually an easy process (you can watch YouTube videos on it).

Amerityre 11x4.00-5 Smooth Solid Mower Tire - TiresUSA.com

Mounting Cone - Carefree Tire
    Life is short, time is precious, buy enough tractor!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12