A bad day wrenching

/ A bad day wrenching #1  

Dozernut

Veteran Member
Tractor
ZD1211, RTV900, LX2610SU and a SVL65 CTL
The Fuel pump went out on the ZD21, took a trip to the dealer. $175 later I was golden (or at least the fuel pump and two fuel filters were). Had to take out the battery and battery box just to get to the pump. Clamped the line (tank was full), replaced the pump and filters and put the mower back together. I was going to change the oil but discovered I only had two quarts of oil. So I went ahead and sharpened the blades and cleaned and lubed the mower.

I decided to fuel up the tractor, went fine until I tried to shut off the fuel nozzle, It broke and stuck on full flow. I tripped over the hose spraying fuel every where, but finally made it to the pump and shut it off to stop the torrent of diesel fuel. I had diesel on me, the tractor, the shop floor and a few other pieces of equipment. After half a bag of oil-dry and a whole roll of shop towels I had things under control.

I went to my truck which I had parked under a tree to discover that there had been a bird nest full of eggs up in the tree. They were now uniformly distributed on the hood of my truck. I went to get a bucket of water and a car wash brush to clean the mess off the truck. Tripped over the hose and took a fall landing hard on my left arm and hip. Nothing broken but bruised and embarrassed. Decided to go into the house and take the rest of the day off before another hose attacked me and I killed myself.

/ A bad day wrenching #2  
Well....................there's always tomorrow,Dozernut!;) Things are always darkest right before they go completely BLACK!LOL!
Seriously,I hope you weren't hurt too badly in the fall and dang them birds anyhow!:mad: You're due to do GREAT tomorrow!:thumbsup: don-ohio :)^)
The Fuel pump went out on the ZD21, took a trip to the dealer. $175 later I was golden (or at least the fuel pump and two fuel filters were). Had to take out the battery and battery box just to get to the pump. Clamped the line (tank was full), replaced the pump and filters and put the mower back together. I was going to change the oil but discovered I only had two quarts of oil. So I went ahead and sharpened the blades and cleaned and lubed the mower.

I decided to fuel up the tractor, went fine until I tried to shut off the fuel nozzle, It broke and stuck on full flow. I tripped over the hose spraying fuel every where, but finally made it to the pump and shut it off to stop the torrent of diesel fuel. I had diesel on me, the tractor, the shop floor and a few other pieces of equipment. After half a bag of oil-dry and a whole roll of shop towels I had things under control.

I went to my truck which I had parked under a tree to discover that there had been a bird nest full of eggs up in the tree. They were now uniformly distributed on the hood of my truck. I went to get a bucket of water and a car wash brush to clean the mess off the truck. Tripped over the hose and took a fall landing hard on my left arm and hip. Nothing broken but bruised and embarrassed. Decided to go into the house and take the rest of the day off before another hose attacked me and I killed myself.

/ A bad day wrenching #3  
That last move was very wise. I hope tomorrow goes better.

/ A bad day wrenching #4  
and leave that chainsaw alone for a few days too...

/ A bad day wrenching #5  
Still beats working at the office...
I get frustrated at the things that happen to me when I wrench...
I always plan but something always happens that is not in the plan...
I get so angry at times...
Still beats working at the office...

/ A bad day wrenching #6  
Wow! And you then touched a computer?.. Braver than I would be:D.

Yes, you were really hosed yesterday. Am wishing you a wrenchingly good day today:thumbsup: You've earned it!

/ A bad day wrenching #7  
Some days ya just wanna crawl back into bed.

/ A bad day wrenching #8  
The last time I worked on something my hands looked liked they had lost a war with some barbed wire. This old skin bruises and tears easily especially when you let the wrench slip off.....but....they do heal up ......and on with the war. Nowadays, I try to just work on stuff when I'm rested and ready to kick azz.

/ A bad day wrenching #10  
If you put the diesel soaked clothes in your wife's washing machine you will really have a bad day. The only way I have found to salvage clothing that has been soaked with diesel fuel is to soak the clothing in a strong solution of "simple Green". After soaking wash by hand outside prior to placing in the washing machine. Don't ask me how I know this.