Dense foam to protect from seat belt buckle

/ Dense foam to protect from seat belt buckle #1  

joshuabardwell

Elite Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
I finally figured out what is making the dings in the paint on my right side fender. It's not my kid. It's not a chicken. It's not a rodent. It's me flipping off the seat belt and letting the buckle slap against the fender. I wonder if there is some kind of dense foam that I could put there to take the hits. Or maybe a piece of leather, but then how to attach it? Whatever the solution is, it would have to be weatherproof.

/ Dense foam to protect from seat belt buckle #2  
Outdoor carpet sample?

Held in place by those magnet disks with a bolt hole thru their centers?

/ Dense foam to protect from seat belt buckle #3  
Outdoor carpet sample?

Held in place by those magnet disks with a bolt hole thru their centers?

Not a bad idea.

Or, how about paint on a patch of the rubberry truck bedliner or the tool handle coating.

/ Dense foam to protect from seat belt buckle #4  
Fiberglass Outdoor Carpet Tape will stick great to almost anything! I'd cut a piece of mud-flap and stick that to the inner surface to protect it from damage. If you don't want it there anymore, pull it off, pull off tape & waalaa, like new again!

Rick

/ Dense foam to protect from seat belt buckle #6  
Cut a piece of leather several inches larger than the buckle, then slit-cut the leather to the SB width towards the end or middle, or wherever it will yield the most protection when installed. Remove the seat belt (SB) bolt and thread the belt through it, then slide the leather down the SB so it positions either over or under the buckle, which ever works best.

/ Dense foam to protect from seat belt buckle #7  
Computer mouse pad.

/ Dense foam to protect from seat belt buckle #8  
Sheepskin fleece pouch.