Tractor
    Kubota 3410

Default Hydraulics hose popped off - bleeding question

The fanasty of tractor ownership meeting the realities: One of the hydraulic hoses came out of a connector. I unhooked the hose and will take the fittings and the hose in to town tomorrow to have it reconnected as I do not yet have tools to do this here, or the experience to know just what to do with it. My question - what do I need to do after I reconnect the hose ? I know I will need to add some amount of hydraulic fluid and then perhaps bleed air from the system but I have no idea how much fluid to add or how I go about bleeding the system - assuming that is necessary. I am not sure how this popped out but could have been due to brush and mowing. Shot fluid all over and I shut down. Thanks in advance for any much needed advice you can provide. Assume I have no knowledge re how to do any of this.

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

Default Re: Hydraulics hose popped off - bleeding question

Check your hydraulic oil level and fill it according to your owner's manual. Hook the hose back up, start the tractor and cycle all your hydraulics back and forth a few times. Then re- check your hydraulic oil level and re- fill it according to your owner's manual.

Tractor
    Kubota 3410

Thank you - sounds like something even I can do. I thought there would be more to it. I am anxious to get back to work.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7360SS, MF1100 & JDx585

Nope that's it. The hydraulics may be a little jerky when you cycle them, but they will smooth out once the air gets out of the lines, etc. Just be sure to check and top off the fluid again once you have sufficiently cycled the hydraulic equipment.

- Gerald

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 45

The nice thing about the way hydraulic systmes are designed today is that they are self bleeding. It's very unusual to find a system where something gets airbound. The systems I have worked with that had that tendency had bleed valves designed right in. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Bolens HT-20

I read in a recent post from one of the Yahoo groups that it's a good idea to run some fluid through the new line before connecting the the second end to flush out any debris.