Kubota BX 25 HST Fan Replacement, Glue on new blades

/ Kubota BX 25 HST Fan Replacement, Glue on new blades #1  

rudolphf

Tractor
Kubota BX25
I still have the hub on my tractor from the old fan, the blades are gone. I bought a new fan and cut out the end and then made one cut through it. I've smooted down the hub on the tractor. The new fan blades slide right in and over the old hub. Now I want to glue it and put in a few screws. Does nayone know what glue will work. It looks and feels like nylon material which is really hard to glue its so slick.

/ Kubota BX 25 HST Fan Replacement, Glue on new blades #2  

I've had good luck gluing plastics with Devcon Plastic Welder II. It's a two part epoxy with some kind of a smelly organic solvent mixed in to soften the surface of the plastic while the epoxy is curing to give it a better "bite". In it's cured state it is somewhat flexible to match the flex of the plastic rather than having a brittle bond like some other epoxies.

You can get it at Wallymart or from McMaster-Carr.

/ Kubota BX 25 HST Fan Replacement, Glue on new blades #3  
image.jpgHmmmmm, my first post.
I did the same by cutting out the end of the new fan and slipping it over the old hub. I used plumbers PVC glue to hold it in place then once dried, I put small self tappers around it and it worked a treat..... No issues so far. It doesn't look pretty but saved a lot of time and effort.