Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tractor
    Iseki TU1700f

Default Re: Oil Pan Drain Plug

David,
    post this on the Iseki and/or grey forum. Bolens and Iseki were mates for a while. I'm sure Buck and the gang can give you the size or part number you need.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

dealer should know the size of the drain plug.

Elite Member

You only need the replacement part in advance if your tractor is your only transportation to the parts store. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

I agree Norm, but some of us are not near to a parts store and the dealer may not have them in stock [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Bolens G152

Well I am only about 5 miles from several auto parts stores

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

Hopefully an auto parts store will have a drain plug that will fit. Remember tractor manufacturers intentionally make some parts different so you have to buy the part from them.
    Best of luck.

Tractor
    Kubota M9000 Hyd shuttle/Massey 1085

David:

I've read the thread and what I'd do after you get the drain plug out is get a new one or if you have access to a welder, clean the oil off the old one, grind the head (old hex end) flat and weld a nut on it. Preferrably a SAE nut so you don't need a metric wrench to remove it next time. Before you weld, don't forget to remove the sealing washer if it is rubber or you will melt it!! Even if you get a new one, you will have a spare if you loose one. I've broken manifold studs off and I can't get a grip on them with any tool but I have the room to weld a nut on. After that, all you need is a socket.

Tractor
    99 JD4200 4WD Collarshift

I had several battles with my drain plug too. It won. Severely rounded, I got it off with vise grips. No auto parts store carried it. I had to re-install it until I got the right one from the dealer. Dealer got it right without me bringing in old one, although I wasn't really sure till I screwed it in.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    1999 Kubota L3710GST

One more trick to try if you haven't gotten the plug out yet. Take a deep 12 point socket that is slighly smaller than what remains of the plug's head and see if you can drive it over the head. The socket will stretch a little, and then bite on the rounded head. Not guaranteed, but that was (still is) a great way to remove mag wheel locks if you don't have the correct key for them. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2210

Did you get it replaced?
    I like endings......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast