bobcat hyd. probs.

/ bobcat hyd. probs. #1  

jimmasters

Tractor
ford 5600
Afriend has a bobcat that had a bad gasket letting rainwater into hyd system.He had som eone put new gaskets in, but didn't get the moisture out of fluid. Said fluid is milky and machine will move a short distance and quit pulling.How do I get all the old contaminated fluid out? Could I drain it and run diesel through to flush the milky stuff then refill with fresh fluid? Is it picking up water or just foaming so much it loses pressure and quits pulling? Thanks isn advance for any help. jimmasters

/ bobcat hyd. probs. #2  
Since skid steer utilizes hydro-static motors I'd be hesitant to flush with diesel. Change oil & hyd filter a couple of times and check for a plugged sump breather

/ bobcat hyd. probs. #3  
Since skid steer utilizes hydro-static motors I'd be hesitant to flush with diesel. Change oil & hyd filter a couple of times and check for a plugged sump breather
yep Thats what I would do.

/ bobcat hyd. probs. #4  
Are you confusing the chain case with the hydraulic tank? They are seperate issues. I'm not sure what gaskets would be an issue to sllow rain water into the hydraulic tank.

Brian