leaking cva fuel pump

/ leaking cva fuel pump #1  

jcuzz

Tractor
ford8n,mf135
hi, just found this sight, my mf 135 with 152 perkins has a leaking cva fuel pump around the throttle shaft, its a mess & could be leaking a little in other places, I was going to get a repair kit and do it myself, I have rebuilt pumps on 3406 cats before, but just wondering if there are anything major in this pump?

/ leaking cva fuel pump #2  
Welcome to TBN. If you do a search you will find a thread that covers exactly the problem you are having with your IP and gives step by step instructions on how to repair it.
:welcome:

/ leaking cva fuel pump #3  
Welcome to TractorByNet. Please ask questions if this is your first time. If this is your first time. DONOT open anything up dealing with fuel injections without guidence. Perkins are very sensitive. Take care. We have a vintage/clasic MF area perfect for your thread and questions. Enjoy the forum. -kid

/ leaking cva fuel pump #4  
Welcome from Ohio :welcome:

/ leaking cva fuel pump #5  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Parts & Repairs forum. :)

/ leaking cva fuel pump #6  
jcuzz
Not a complicated repair BUT take a good mental note of where spring inside cover is attached and be sure it's attached back in correct position or your engine will not run correctly. Several tractor tech manuals explain the correct procedure.

/ leaking cva fuel pump #7  
   / leaking cva fuel pump #8  
I have done this exact repair. As has been said, note which hole the spring is in. Each shaft will require two O rings, some exploded views show only one. This job can be accomplished with the pump still on the tractor. You'll need the governor gasket also.

/ leaking cva fuel pump
thanks, what sealer did you use, do i need to use something besides a new gasket? jcuzz