MASSEY FERGUSON BACKHOE QUESTION

/ MASSEY FERGUSON BACKHOE QUESTION #1  

BASSIN20

Tractor
kubota M4800, M9540HDC4WD, MASSEY FERGUSON 50 BACKHOE
Morning folks,

I just got my hands on a 1980 model massey ferguson 50A backhoe, really good shape, one owner machine, which was barn kept the entire time the man owned it. The only thing wrong with it is the swing cylinder on the back hoe has the top shaft seal leaking. The back hoe is a model 54, which i have been trying to find a seal kit for it. i can find seal kits for the 50B machines but nothing for the A version. So shot in the dark attempt here, Does any one out there know if the seal kits for the B version will fit the A machine? or have any suggestions as to who I may talk to about the issue at hand. amazingly the only leak this old machine has!!! THANKS!

/ MASSEY FERGUSON BACKHOE QUESTION #2  
Don't know what kind of seal is in it but if it is an O ring you could use a glue together O ring kit. Just a shot in the dark but I thought I might try.

/ MASSEY FERGUSON BACKHOE QUESTION #3  
Johnny, even thought the rotary cylinders are different for the 54/54S and 54A, the oring and seal kit is the same. Here is the parts page from the 54 backhoe parts book. MF54 54S Backhoe0001.jpgMF54 54S Backhoe0002.jpgMF54 54S Backhoe0003.jpg

/ MASSEY FERGUSON BACKHOE QUESTION
Don't know what kind of seal is in it but if it is an O ring you could use a glue together O ring kit. Just a shot in the dark but I thought I might try.
thanks that is certainly worth looking into. From what i have been seeing looking around on the internet this is a pretty common problem on these things.

/ MASSEY FERGUSON BACKHOE QUESTION
Johnny, even thought the rotary cylinders are different for the 54/54S and 54A, the oring and seal kit is the same. Here is the parts page from the 54 backhoe parts book.View attachment 315407View attachment 315408View attachment 315409
GOOD DEAL, this is sure a big help, Thank you, least wise now I see how the thing is built. hopefully I can get some thing put in there that will do the job. to nice of a machine, for it'a age to have a $2 seal stop the whole show. I will take this information and see what AGCO can do for me, I hear they bought out massey ferguson some time back.