Low cost hyd componets clearance stuff...

/ Low cost hyd componets clearance stuff... #1  

SPIKER

Elite Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Hey everyone:

I'm looking for a few good sources for new/used or surplus hydraulic componets, cylinders fittings valves ect.

I already have a good catalog from " http://www.surpluscenter.com " but the shipping form them to me is too much. Is there someone with similar pricing that is closer to Ohio or has better shipping costs that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advantce.

Mark /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Low cost hyd componets clearance stuff...
Hambone
Thanks for the link, sending for more info from them!

Keep them coming guys, I'm sure there has to be some more links and companies around close by.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifMark M

/ Low cost hyd componets clearance stuff... #4  
No problem. They have a 95 page book with everything from cylinders to valves, mounted bearings, gauges, filters and the list goes on.

/ Low cost hyd componets clearance stuff... #5  
If you have the time to go to Dayton Ohio, go to Mendelsohn Supply, next to the Dayton Dragons ballpark. They have a little of everything, from used to closeouts, surplus, and obsolete items. Bring your lunch when you come, because it is an all day event. It is in the former Frigidaire building, and it covers over a city block with 3 stories of goodies.

/ Low cost hyd componets clearance stuff... #6  
A guy I know who works with hydraulics was telling me how inexpensively he can buy good used hydraulic cylinders and even rebuild them with new seals and gaskets or whatever so they're essentially new cylinders save for the metal work. He was also telling me about "blocking" cylinders to shorten the stroke on them so they don't extend or contract further than you want. It sounded like a pretty slick way of doing things. Is anyone else familiar with this?

Gary:

yes blocking is easy to do, for Retracting, but for Extending it ets a bit harder as the cylinder has to be dissassembled.

It involves a collar being attached to the cylinder shaft which then stops the cylinder from going in or out any farther than the collar...

As for Dayton;
do they sell stuff onver the NET and ship? any web address or info would be helpfull.

Mark /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Zbubba& gary;

any word on links to sell the parts on the net?

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Low cost hyd componets clearance stuff... #9  
Hi Spiker,
They have so much stuff that they don't even know what all is there. Your best bet would be to go there in person and look for what you need.

Hey bubba

unfortunately I'm over 3 hrs away form dayton... I live north of mansfield oh. almost to akron. that is why I aws looking for web sites, as I'm kind of in the boonies when it come s to finding stuff locally. they all want arms & legs for the stuff, (sometimes somethign much more valueable!)

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifMark