RTV 900 Speedometer Installation Problem

/ RTV 900 Speedometer Installation Problem #1  

landdog49

Tractor
Zetor 7441 Cab FEL, Kioti DK45SE HST Cab FEL
After removing the bolt in the tranny retainer bracket I tried to pull the plug out. It wouldn稚 give after using several tools. Finally I was able to move it in a counter clockwise like unscrewing it. I really didn稚 think it unscrewed because the new sensor unit has an O ring. While trying to pull and/or pry the plug out the bracket broke off the plug. It didn稚 take much.
There nothing to pull on. It is out just enough that I can make out that it is not flush with the tranny housing. This is a Kubota kit.
How can I get the plug out?

/ RTV 900 Speedometer Installation Problem #2  
Is it a plastic plug, or a metal plug? If its a metal plug, I would douse it with some penetrating oil, then use a vacuum and a greased drillbit/tap to drill and tap the a bolt. If its plastic, I would drill it with a vacuum/greased drillbit and then put in a eye bolt (like you would use for wood).

Aaron Z

/ RTV 900 Speedometer Installation Problem
The plug is metal. The tranny case is aluminum. I sprayed it with Kano penetrating oil. The plug area is recessed about 9 inch and has about 5-6 inches around it. Thus it is hard to reach in with any tools. I understand using a vacuum to suck the cuttings away. But why the greased dill bit? I am worried about drilling into the tranny thus have cuttings in it.

/ RTV 900 Speedometer Installation Problem #4  
The plug is metal. The tranny case is aluminum. I sprayed it with Kano penetrating oil. The plug area is recessed about 9 inch and has about 5-6 inches around it. Thus it is hard to reach in with any tools. I understand using a vacuum to suck the cuttings away. But why the greased dill bit? I am worried about drilling into the tranny thus have cuttings in it.
To catch any cuttings that the vacuum doesn't get.

Aaron Z

/ RTV 900 Speedometer Installation Problem
A neighbor came over and looked at it. He has a wire feed welder with a little nozzle. He was able to weld a 10 inch bolt onto the metal plug. It yanked right off. Thanks for your input.