Tractor
    kioti & kubota

Default burning to know why my dk-45 just burned up the harness...And blistered my finger

I got the fire out!!! almost lost the tractor and my finger, averted an accident..KIOTI OWNERS BEWARE!!!! want To know why ? the thing was pinched between the engine/ frame and FEL mount, just under the starter.. Who else has this problem and what did you do? Kioti said it probably came that way, and not their problem b/c out of warranty . The SUPERVISOR Couldn't direct me to a dealer in my area and said buy a new one?? THat is SERVICE.. What do you GUYS think? I am Building and ohming out a new harness from the melted mass so I can get the thing back on line... DANGER DANGER DK-45/50 owners!!!! INSPECT HARNESSES !!!
    Last edited by Bird; 05-08-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: language

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615

Default Re: burning to know why my dk-45 just burned up the harness...And blistered my finger

Maybe he meant "buy a new wiring harness" ? Would be much quicker than making your own.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default Re: burning to know why my dk-45 just burned up the harness...And blistered my finger

Sorry to hear of your problem. It seems apparent that you bought this tractor used. If you did, perhaps the previous owner added some additions that required rewiring and failed to add tie wraps to the harness to place it in its' proper place, thus causing the problem. Just a thought.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    kioti & kubota

fixed, about 3 hrs, better than new, will upload pics soon, ! yes I agree I could buy anew but thats close to 200$$$$$$$$$$$$ I fixed it for my labor..made it better than they left it.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by Therubberduck View Post
    fixed, about 3 hrs, better than new, will upload pics soon, ! yes I agree I could buy anew but thats close to 200$$$$$$$$$$$$ I fixed it for my labor..made it better than they left it.
    Glad to hear that.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.