B&S 21hp v-twin governor adjusting problem

/ B&S 21hp v-twin governor adjusting problem #21  
1/8th of a turn is about right.

/ B&S 21hp v-twin governor adjusting problem #22  
Make sure you set the govenor and linkage in the right position before you tighten the nut up.

/ B&S 21hp v-twin governor adjusting problem
Make sure you set the govenor and linkage in the right position before you tighten the nut up.

Do you know how I can check it? I was trying to set it up for a long time. I couldn't make the throttle (carb intake) closed when the engine is off. My be it's bent? Do you know any source of pictures or drawings?
Thanks a lot.

/ B&S 21hp v-twin governor adjusting problem #24  
The way to set the govenor is to move the gov lever so the throttle in full open, then turn the gov shaft n the same direction and tighten. you should be able to move the gov lever and the throttle should move open to closed with no binding. if it does not, you havea gov or linkage problem. I'm sure you can find a diagram on line if you search it or buy repair manual for the engine.

/ B&S 21hp v-twin governor adjusting problem
It is exactly like that - I did all of it and the throttle is wide open. Linkage looks exactly like on the manual diagram. Does it mean that I have to replace governor mechanism? This is the exact question I have. Are there any ways to check the governor mechanism before disassembling the engine?
Thanks.

/ B&S 21hp v-twin governor adjusting problem #26  
can you move the gov lever to close the throttle? if not, internal gov assembly is most likely problem. If the engine went into an overspeed sometimes the fly weights push out and become stuck. that is a possibility. Only way to inspect without splitting sump from block would be to use a mini camera. I always used one for cylinder inspection, transmission, etc. They are not difficult to split, just remove and flip over. remove sump and look at it. Will need new gasket, may as well replace seal too.