coyote73

/ coyote73 #1  

darwinh

Tractor
Ford 5600
I am having trouble starting my 81, ford 5600. I changed the fuel filter and accidently ran it out of fuel. Will not start after that. I bled the filter like the manual says and also bled the fuel pump, but it still will not start. HELP!!

/ coyote73 #2  
Did you open bleed screw on inj pump and turn engine over until fuel squirts out bleeder? Does tractor have dual power(hyd hi-lo)?

/ coyote73 #4  
Does your tractor have dual-power(hyd hi-lo)???

/ coyote73 #6  
Well that rules out attempting to tow start. Years ago I had a 3000 that ran out of fuel and I wore my finger out trying to bleed it and get fuel to injectors. I got frustrated hooked a tow vehicle to it,pulled it less than 10 ft and it started.

/ coyote73 #7  
I know you said you bled it like in the manual, but did you do it in the right order? Bleed the fuel filter 1st. Then bleed the injection pump. Then bleed the injectors. You can't do them all at once and you can't do them in the wrong order.

/ coyote73
I did just like the manual said, the fuel filter first, then the pump, have not bled the injectors, I thought that this was the problem. Do I need to pull the injector? or just the line to the injectors?
Thank you

/ coyote73 #9  
Just loose the fuel lines where they connect to the injectors. Crank the engine over until your getting a good supply of fuel from each line and then tighten them back up.