Massey Furguson 3545 oil leak

/ Massey Furguson 3545 oil leak #1  

accomackorganic

Tractor
Massey Furgurson
Hey guys, I am looking into purchasing a Massey Ferguson 3545. It is a tractor that the previous owner had not used it much, so it has been sitting, has low hours but some issues. The 3 point hitch is not operating but I believe it is a electronic issue. After running it for 40 mins I also notice a oil leak, 2 solid lines on the side of the tractor in the picture I am attaching. There seemed to be some build up of oil on the lip of the oil pan in front of the engine. I could not tell where the leak was coming from. By looking at the pictures can any guess the possible sources and the involvement of repairing it. I was talking to a friend on the phone and they thought maybe the crankshaft pulley seal is bad.

Attachments

• IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 175
   / Massey Furguson 3545 oil leak #2  
G'day and :welcome:. It is hard to tell if it is front seal leaking from your pics but it would be reasonable to assume that considering location. I would be running it for a while before I did any thing as you have to move the front axle housing forward about an inch to get the harmonic balancer off:duh:, also the last one I did I had to cut the balancer off as the little wedge rings would not come free. As for the linkage if the ELC unit is playing up and you do not need draft control then I just put in a 3 way spring centre toggle switch and a couple of relays and wire directly to the solenoids. If you want to override the elecs you can do that by manually operating the solenoids on the back of the TPH cover, you will see them if you stand at the back of the tractor, on the end of the solenoid is a small button that you can push but it does take some effort.

Jon