Tractor
    mf 231 long 445 8n

Default injection pump retard question

hi all, I have a 1975 UTB 445 Long that and i have fuel leaking out of the retard. I can get a new retard to put in has any one replaced one before? i have the manual for it and from the info and cut away it looks like it can just be taken out with nothing falling out along with it, and the new one put in..I would not be removing the whole plate just the retard.. any yes or no's does or don'ts will be greatful. by the way it's the pump with the retard that comes out the engine side of the pump not the one that comes out the bottom. i'm thinking the starter can be removed and it will give me the room to get to the retard.

Elite Member

Default Re: injection pump retard question

Quote Originally Posted by dome089823 View Post
    hi all, I have a 1975 UTB 445 Long that and i have fuel leaking out of the retard. I can get a new retard to put in has any one replaced one before? i have the manual for it and from the info and cut away it looks like it can just be taken out with nothing falling out along with it, and the new one put in..I would not be removing the whole plate just the retard.. any yes or no's does or don'ts will be greatful. by the way it's the pump with the retard that comes out the engine side of the pump not the one that comes out the bottom. i'm thinking the starter can be removed and it will give me the room to get to the retard.
    Not to sound like a retard, but what's a "retard" in relation to a injector pump ? (other then timing)
    ::Sent from a standard desktop keyboard::

My Photobucket

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM

HEY HEY HEY --we can't say retard anymore
    Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer--- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Tractor
    mf 231 long 445 8n

well willl, it retards the timing when starting there either manual or automatic devices called RETARDS.