Jacobsen Turfcat Issues

/ Jacobsen Turfcat Issues #21  
Use a digital voltmeter and find the problem, it's cheaper than throwing parts at it.

The battery ground cable (big wire) should go to a starter mounting bolt or somewhere on the engine block. You can add a smaller wire back to the chassis. The engine in my TORO is on rubber mounts, but I don't know how it is grounded because I haven't had to troubleshoot it.

/ Jacobsen Turfcat Issues
Use a digital voltmeter and find the problem, it's cheaper than throwing parts at it.

The battery ground cable (big wire) should go to a starter mounting bolt or somewhere on the engine block. You can add a smaller wire back to the chassis. The engine in my TORO is on rubber mounts, but I don't know how it is grounded because I haven't had to troubleshoot it.

I looked last night when I mowed, and mine too is on rubber mounts. The manual shows it going to the chassis where I have it, but I found a spot to move it to on the engine, so that's the plan when I get a longer cable. BTW, if I put the charger on it for a couple hours first it fires right up and mows GREAT!

I did notice that I am loosing a bit of engine oil from the dipstick... I pulled it out and noticed it's very loose. Also, the stick moves in the rubber plug - not very accurate. Is there a fix for this or should I get the replacement for $26?

UPDATE:

I had sometime this holiday weekend to work on the Turfcat... installed the new filter bowl, and added the longer ground cable to a bolt on the block.

With the new filter bowl, it seems to start roughly again. I'm pretty sure I have the lines bled properly (i'm beginning to be a pro at it). Before I ran the fuel line directly from the tank to the pump, and it started easy.

I ran a longer ground cable to the bolt on the block - no change. I did find a grounding strap from the block to the chassis, so that's how it gets around the rubber mounts. I pulled the regulator off and ran through the diagnostic page with my multimeter. I found one reading that was about 3ohms, when it should have been 0, but everything else was right on. I cleaned, inspected and reinstalled the regulator - still no change. Anyone have a suggestion??

Thanks
Cory

/ Jacobsen Turfcat Issues #24  
I just got one of these mowers and the owner said it just loss power and he couldn't start it again....he also said he had the Kubota 950 just rebuilt...I was going to change the fuel filter and lines first...then look at the fuel solenoid cutoff I think it's called...any other thoughts?? also was wondering what year it is ser# 4521...Thanks Steve

/ Jacobsen Turfcat Issues #25  
This is an old thread and the OP (Original Poster) is not active now.

Maybe someone else will see your question.

/ Jacobsen Turfcat Issues #26  
T628D Turfcat sticks in reverse and forward some times cable and pedal well lubed > sounds like centering valve ????
can you help ?

Mine is a #66129, not sure of the year. I've been away from the forum for a while - any luck getting your machine running?

I have another issue with my T422d, wondering if anyone has a suggestion...

The tractor runs fine in 4wd, but if I'm mowing, or driving, in 2wd the transmission will momentarily jerk the machine as if you were rapidly stomping your foot on the pedal. I can't imagine there is air in the system. The fluid reads full. is this a hydrostat problem? it only happens after the machines heats up about 40mins or so. It seems to get worse the hotter the machine gets. So I just flip it to 4wd and everything is fine - but I loose ground speed in 4wd.

What are your thoughts?

/ Jacobsen Turfcat Issues #29  
yes I did but I think the governor is not working correctly .....when in thick high grass bogs down and does not ramp up...I just slow down a bit....wish I knew how to adjust it

/ Jacobsen Turfcat Issues #30  
Cant help ya ....mine is only 2 WD