john deere 430 dies out of neutral and if pto engaged not seat switch

/ john deere 430 dies out of neutral and if pto engaged not seat switch #1  

hitman12

Tractor
430, 790 ,345, 400,420
I have a john deere 430 diesel lawn and garden tractor that runs fine until you take it out of neutral i by passed the neutral safety switch and it runs fine but you cannot cut the deck on cause it dies i put a new seat switch on it twice a new pto switch and a new neutral safety switch also. My modle does not have a brake switch or i would have changed it as well PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ john deere 430 dies out of neutral and if pto engaged not seat switch #2  
Do you have dash lights ? I had the same problem after replacing a busted hydraulic tube. It would start but would die when taken out of neutral or engage the PTO. I has also lost my dash lights. I checked the fuses and they all looked fine. I replaced them anyway and everything started working - might be worth a try.

/ john deere 430 dies out of neutral and if pto engaged not seat switch #3  
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? I have the same problem and I do not have dah lights now and I used to. I am about to go and change my fuses even though they look good.

/ john deere 430 dies out of neutral and if pto engaged not seat switch #4  
Which problem do you have? Dash lights? Cutting out?? or both???

/ john deere 430 dies out of neutral and if pto engaged not seat switch #5  
im having the very same problem whats the answer

/ john deere 430 dies out of neutral and if pto engaged not seat switch #6  
the same as hitman 12 not running when you take it out of neutral or kick in pto

/ john deere 430 dies out of neutral and if pto engaged not seat switch #7  
the same as hitman 12 not running when you take it out of neutral or kick in pto

That symptom is suggestive of the machine not recognising the Seat Switch. The S/No break has the earlier 'bendy reed' type of switch and the later models have the push-button type. Bendy Reed was somewhat unreliable in my experience.

Do any of you above have the Tech Manual you can post a wiring schematic from?

As well as the Seat Sw. and Neutral Sw. there should be a Brake Switch and there is a "Time Delay Control Module" which I presume is either Glow Plug timer delay or Operator Off-Seat Delay?

For diagnostic purposes only you could bypass the seat switch to test that particular circuit.