Ford 1710 Double or Single Clutch?

/ Ford 1710 Double or Single Clutch? #1  

Ron_Mc

I recently purchased an '84 Ford 1710 4X4 (1600 hours) which appears, at the least, to need a clutch, i.e., it barely pulls itself forward or backward. My question is whether this tractor has a double or a single clutch and what sort of expense may be involved in having it repaired. I do not have the tools, or place, to do this work myself. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Ron

/ Ford 1710 Double or Single Clutch?
I forgot to mention the 1710 has the synchromesh transmission (shifter on the column).

Ron

/ Ford 1710 Double or Single Clutch? #3  
Sounds like my tractor!!!!!Except for the clutch part
Mine has the two -stage clutch,when I purchased it the PTO would grind until I adjusted the clutch.... Have you tried adjusting your clutch yet

Good Luck
Bartman

I am on the road alot so I apologize if I don't get back to ya quickly

/ Ford 1710 Double or Single Clutch? #4  
Price for a shop clutch-job would usually be around $1000 iwas told
Let me know

Bartman

/ Ford 1710 Double or Single Clutch? #5  
I'd try adjusting the clutch first, if that doesn't work, it'll have to be replaced. All the 1710's I've ever worked on had single clutches. Might have been an option to have double clutch. Good luck.

/ Ford 1710 Double or Single Clutch? #7  
My 1910 synchro 4x4, about same year, is double clutch, for what thats worth...

/ Ford 1710 Double or Single Clutch? #8  
Hello. I am new to this forum.
I am having trouble with my Ford 1710, 1986. Slippery clutch. The more throttle I put in-the more it slips. Is the clutch disc worned out and need to be replaced? or is there any chance to adjust it? and how?

/ Ford 1710 Double or Single Clutch? #9  
they came both ways

/ Ford 1710 Double or Single Clutch? #10  
Live PTO have double disc clutch, non-live have single disc clutch. If the clutch has no free play it needs adjustment. Adjustment procedure depends on double or single disc and should be in owners manual.

Last edited: