Do Tractor dealers/Parts Suppliers offer core credit for certain parts.

/ Do Tractor dealers/Parts Suppliers offer core credit for certain parts. #1  

super55

Platinum Member
Tractor
Oliver Super55, John Deere 4310, John Deere 4400, Kubota L2500 (had),
Fortunately so far I haven't had to buy any major parts for my tractors yet but was wondering if you can get core credits for certain tractor parts like many parts suppliers do for automotive vehicles. Some of these core credits can cut the cost of a part by over half.

I know that electrical parts never have them but what about rebuildable parts like water pumps, starters, injector pumps etc?

/ Do Tractor dealers/Parts Suppliers offer core credit for certain parts. #2  
Yes a few parts require core's or a core charge is assessed. I personally haven't seen core charge anywhere close to 50% for parts I've had to buy or look up prices.

/ Do Tractor dealers/Parts Suppliers offer core credit for certain parts.
I could be wrong about the 50% I'm going off of memory of a GM water pump for a SB chevy about 5 years ago. Off the top of my head I thought list was about 55 dollars and I got something like 20-22 dollars for the core. Regardless I remember it being pretty significant.

I see a lot of parts listed for all types of tractors listed online but never see any of them giving a core charge. I wasn't sure if this was because they don't do it or just don't offer it because shipping cost would offset any credit you could get from the core.

/ Do Tractor dealers/Parts Suppliers offer core credit for certain parts. #4  
Here's 2 examples for a JD part that I randomly picked out.
Part Number: SE500334
Part Price: 16,180.57 USD
Core Value: (2,950.00 USD)
End Price With Core Return: 13,230.57 USD

Part Number: AR99850
Part Price: 618.60 USD
Core Value: (10.00 USD)
End Price With Core Return: 608.60 USD
Description: COMPRESSOR,AIR CONDITIONER

/ Do Tractor dealers/Parts Suppliers offer core credit for certain parts. #5  
Are you talking about giving the dealer , more or extra cores? As a form of payment to your original order. Normally when someone wants to sell us their extra core, most of the time they carry little value, unless it is an item that we have some outstanding liability with the vendor. This happens rarely in the truck parts business .

/ Do Tractor dealers/Parts Suppliers offer core credit for certain parts.
Are you talking about giving the dealer , more or extra cores? As a form of payment to your original order. Normally when someone wants to sell us their extra core, most of the time they carry little value, unless it is an item that we have some outstanding liability with the vendor. This happens rarely in the truck parts business .

I was mostly looking in the aspect of a one for one exchange. The reason I asked because I wasn't sure if it was something parts dealers offered or not. A few years ago I had the power steering pump replaced on my trailblazer by the dealer and they didn't offer me a core on it and the parts shop I used to deal with used to give a core for brake shoes but they don't do that anymore so I wasn't sure if this was something still common or if core charges had gone the way of the dinosaur.