(2210) solution for removal (small) oil/fuel filters/transmission filters,etc.

/ (2210) solution for removal (small) oil/fuel filters/transmission filters,etc. #1  

Houkie

Tractor
John Deere 2210
Filters are sometimes hard to remove. Your fingers can't get to it, nor can you get or have a small wrench available that will fit around the area. Just look in your closet and take a regular belt with buckle. ( use the buckle for torque)
Belt is also handy for removal PVC pipe fittings and water ( well) filters. Hopefully this helps.

/ (2210) solution for removal (small) oil/fuel filters/transmission filters,etc. #2  
They make and sell something pretty similar called a strap wrench.

For stubborn filters, I either use a pair of large channel locks, or drive a punch through the filter and twist. Never had a filter I couldnt get one of the two on. And since I dont even have an oil filter wrench, any filter that is beyone hand tight usually gets the channel locks.

/ (2210) solution for removal (small) oil/fuel filters/transmission filters,etc. #3  
I have a band type filter removal tool.It has 4 different size bands and the handle can be moved to any position
making it easy to remove any filter.

/ (2210) solution for removal (small) oil/fuel filters/transmission filters,etc.
Some folks don't live next to a store, order their parts and then o yeah, the filter/fitting doesn't want to move or you just can't get around it. A belt, now hanging in the garage helped me on several occasions.