Formula for torquing a M30 nut to 700 ft #s????

/ Formula for torquing a M30 nut to 700 ft #s???? #1  

Tx Jim

Tractor
JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC
Anyone know the formula to torque a M30 nut to 700 ft #s without having a 700 ft # torque wrench IE how large a person putting weight on how long a cheater pipe? Thanks,Jim

/ Formula for torquing a M30 nut to 700 ft #s???? #2  
You need a torque multiplier.

/ Formula for torquing a M30 nut to 700 ft #s???? #3  
Our torque wrench that goes to 700ft/lbs is three feet long and I have to pull on it with pretty much all I have to hit 600...

You need a bigger tool...

Anyways, to answer your question, If you weigh 200lbs and you stand on a 3 ft breaker bar, you have a pretty accurate 600 ft/lbs.

/ Formula for torquing a M30 nut to 700 ft #s????
Thanks for replies. I found a torque multiplier.

/ Formula for torquing a M30 nut to 700 ft #s???? #5  
Jim
Is this for a brush hog blade? My neighbor did not have his tightened enough-just winged it. The blade flew off-tore up the side of the bh, went about 30 yards and went right through a 4" tree. I have pics on my office computer..will try to post tomorrow.

Not on a brush cutter but a hay disc cutter. I found someone with a 700+ # torque wrench. Nut is torqued correctly and was cutting hay yesterday.

/ Formula for torquing a M30 nut to 700 ft #s???? #7  
are you sure the m30 nut does not require metric torque in which case you would use the NM newton meter torque scale. if it is 700 nm it is 516 ft lbs. if it is 700 ft lbs it will be 949 nm which is a pretty incredible amount of torque I'm guessing it is the 516 ft lbs. when hanging engines on 747 aircraft the engine mount bolts that hold them to the pylon are in the 500 ft lbs range.

Instructions stated 700 '#'s

/ Formula for torquing a M30 nut to 700 ft #s???? #9  
What's a torque multiplier?

/ Formula for torquing a M30 nut to 700 ft #s???? #10  
What's a torque multiplier?

Essentially a small gear reduction box with a female square input for a torque wrench and a male square output for an extension or socket. Also has a handle so the applied force doesn't just rotate the whole unit. The speed reduction ratio is also the torque increase ratio.