John deere 3320 pto

/ John deere 3320 pto #1  

stanmuller

Tractor
john deere 3320
My 3320 PTO won't engage. any suggestions on troubleshooting. it is an electric clutch type

/ John deere 3320 pto #2  
Are The selector levers on front right set correctly for whichever PTO (mid, rear, both)? Does the PTO indicator light on the dash come on?

/ John deere 3320 pto
Only one pto in rear, yes light on dash comes on when yellow knob is pulled out but nothing happens. I found a wire that was cut by a rat and spliced it back but that didn't help. I don't have a wiring diagram to trace the electrical connections.

/ John deere 3320 pto #4  
Looks like there should be a connector under the right side of the operator platform, yellow wire and black wire. The PTO solenoid should read 8.5 Ohms, should have 12V on the other yellow side with the PTO engaged (seat up, engine on, 540 selected on lower right side, and knob pulled). Black wires should read near zero as they are ground.

/ John deere 3320 pto
Is there any other safety switches for the PTO other than the seat switch,

/ John deere 3320 pto #7  
Yes it is. I also replaced the PTO switch today and it did not fix the problem, so I am hung now.

/ John deere 3320 pto #8  
Yes sir. I will be available in about 20 mins.
My cell number is (501)366-9494

/ John deere 3320 pto #10  
Hi, I know this is an older thread but my 3320 PTO switch is going bad and I bought a new one to replace it. How did you get the dash off to get the switch out?

Thank you,

Bobby Gamble

Last edited: