Massey Ferguson 35 PTO Problem

/ Massey Ferguson 35 PTO Problem #11  
G'day behind the pto lever is not where you want to go looking it is a clutch problem you have. Make sure your pedal free travel is correct for a start ( 3/8
" between the clutch pedal arm and footrest ) if that is correct then you may need to remove the plate on the bottom of the bellhousing and give the pto levers on the clutch about 60 thou clearance.

It might be a good idea to get a book on it if you have not got one already.

Jon

/ Massey Ferguson 35 PTO Problem #12  
Hello, my father-in-law has two MF 35 tractors. He is trying to find the tools to complete the adjustment on the lift cover. I believe they are the MFN 970, 124 and 163 but I am not for sure. Does anyone have experience with this type of job?

Thanks, Ruth

/ Massey Ferguson 35 PTO Problem #13  
Hi All, Got a 355 Extra Massey. the problem is the PTO does not want to disengage. I try the gears but it will still move

regards
Bruce

/ Massey Ferguson 35 PTO Problem #14  
My mother-in-law has a small farm that is growing up. I used her MF 35 to bush hog a little bit today. The PTO lever will only shift into the ground position. When I tried to move it to Engine, it grinds real bad and won't go into position. I had the clutch pedal all the way down and the trans in neutral. Any ideas? Today was the first time I had ever used a MF, let alone one that's 50+ yrs. old w/o a live PTO.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 PTO Problem #15  
My mother-in-law has a small farm that is growing up. I used her MF 35 to bush hog a little bit today. The PTO lever will only shift into the ground position. When I tried to move it to Engine, it grinds real bad and won't go into position. I had the clutch pedal all the way down and the trans in neutral. Any ideas? Today was the first time I had ever used a MF, let alone one that's 50+ yrs. old w/o a live PTO.

First adjust clutch pedal so there is only about 3/8 inch free play between the upper stop and where you feel the throwout bearing contact the clutch fingers. See post 11. The same advice.