I have a Massey MF 40, probably about 1970's.

I need to check power steering fluid.

As near as I can figure it is located on the right side of the engine and is shaped like a machine gun drum magazine that was on a Tommy gun. (Don't know how else to describe it).

Anyway, if that is the power steering reservoir, there is a nut on the top of it that I guess you remove to fill the reservoir.

Is this correct?

If yes, how do I check the level of fluid and is it acceptable to use the same fluid I use for the hydraulics for the power steering?

Thank you very kindly!