john deere 4310

/ john deere 4310 #1  

stubowen

Tractor
john deere 4310
Hi, I hope I can get some advise. My 4310 JD Tractor has been great but I accidently poured diesel in it that had water in it. I did not realize it at the time. Until it started running rough(it sometimes sputered once in a while before the bad fuel but now after the bad fuel it is much worse). Once I noticed it I drained the tank with the drain valve and changed the fuel filter.I put fresh diesel in it and fired it up. The tractor runs great until it gets warm. And some times it runs great for quite a while. But it is still cutting off. Its running good then it starts to stumble and most of the time it dies. If you restart it it will run ok about 50% of the time. If you let it cool and sit it will run great for a short time. I have researched this on line as best I can. So far I have changed the air filters (inner and outer), Fuel Filter, K1-K4 relays, Fuel solenoid valve timer control module and the fuel solenoid. I have also disconnected and drained the fuel hoses where they connect to the primer pump on the side of the tractor and the fuel line where it connects to the fitting directly above the drain valve. All the above mentioned repairs seem to have helped a little and the problem does not seem to be as bad. The tractor will run for a longer period of time but it is still randomly sputtering and shutting down. If I let off the pedal sometimes it will keep running "roughly" the straighten out. I was wondering if I could possibly still have some water present that is some how sloshing around and causing the problem or if I have another issue. I am not seeing any flashing of the diagnostic light except when I start the tractor hot or cold it flashes one time. Any help would be greatly appreciated with this issue. Is there another place I should try to drain or am I on the wrong track?

/ john deere 4310 #2  
They have an odd shaped fuel tank. Maybe there is some water still hiding in there. I would put in some fuel dryer, preferably BG.

/ john deere 4310
can i get that from a auto parts supplier?