Convert Case 530 Row Crop To a Utility Tractor

/ Convert Case 530 Row Crop To a Utility Tractor #1  

MarkM2x2

Tractor
Case 530CK
I made a poor decision and bought a 1966 Case 530 CK with loader and category one three point. I like the Case load leveling loader, you never get material dumped back on the hood and your self. Thought it would be no big deal to repair the High/Low & forward/reverse, well I was wrong, the parts are more than the tractor is worth. The tractor is pretty tough shape all the way through. I found a 530 row crop with a fresh rebuild on the motor and an Eagle hitch. Measured and looked it over, looks like the CK wide front and loader will fit on the row crop so I bought it. (good money after bad) The only thing that looks a little iffy is the power steering, looked through my CK manuals and I'm hopping that it will work. Pulled the loader and the wide front off the CK. Dose anybody know if I can pull the front timing cover off and power steering pump off the CK, replace the front main seal and gasket, and swap it to the row crop engine? how is the power steering driven off the front of the motor?
I have already swapped the Eagle hitch to the catergory 1 and have been using the row crop, starts and runs great. Not much of a tractor but better than nothing. It sounds like what I'm doing is a lot of work, but it's mostly just swapping out parts. (Except for the swapping the front timing cover and power steering) Every thing else is pretty easy.
I need to get a row crop manual, but dose any one know how the "Triple Range" works? I have only found High/low so far, thought the tripple meant 12 gears.
Thanks for any help.
Mark