round baler

/ round baler #1  

holt50

Tractor
c70mcormick
I HAVE a 5400 vermeer round baler 4#5 bale and I pull it with a c-70 McCORMICK tractor and it pulls the hound out of me what do I need to look for ,I know the first would be a bearing ,can't find none that needs replacing most of the time a bad bearing will find you, gear box is full and so on , it doesn't matter wheather it's a third full ,half or almost full, it pulls the same hard. any suggestions?

/ round baler #2  
Ok, are you saying when running the PTO it pulls you down or just towing the baler is difficult?

How long have you used the baler and tractor together, or have you ever used them together?

/ round baler #3  
my cx70 pulls a jd 535 [6x5 bales] no problem.are you returning the hydraulic levers to neutral? mine will pull hard when the lever sticks closing the door.

/ round baler
to COWSKI and DT86 THE C-70 McCORMICK IS THE ONLY TRACTOR EVER HOOKED TO THE BALER AND YES THE HYD. LEVER IS RETURNED TO NUETRAL IT'S WHEN I AM BALING[ TURN THE P T O THAT IT PULLS ME SO HARD,SOME SAY THE VALVE ON THE CYLINDER MIGHT BE STUCK AND TO MUCH PRESSURE, I TURNED THE PRESSURE DOWN TO 1500 FROM THE 3000LBS I HAD BEEN RUNNING AND IT IS THE SAME HARD TO PULL WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT THE BALER I COULD RUN AWAY WITH IT , SINCE I HAVE BOUGHT A 10 WHEEL SPEED RAKE [ KUHN] AS I AM BY MYSELF.IF ITS NOT THE WINDROWS BEING REALLY WIDE I HAVE A BEARING OUT I CAN'T FIND holt50

/ round baler #5  
if a bearing is making it pull hard,it will just take a few more bales for it to come apart.if the bearing is already out ,you will be starting fires .easy to find.does you fuel filter need to be changed? do you have too much hydraulic fluid in the tractor?is the air filter plugged up? do you have trash in the fuel line?all of these can cut power down on a cx70.

/ round baler #6  
If a brg is bad causing extreme load on pto a laser thermometer should find the bad brg after a few minutes of operating the baler.

/ round baler #7  
If a brg is bad causing extreme load on pto a laser thermometer should find the bad brg after a few minutes of operating the baler.
Sorry. But is a bearing is causing power consumption you will not need a laser thermometer - just be careful you do not burn yourself!

/ round baler
THANKS BOYS OR GUYS WHICH YOU LIKE ,APPRECIATE THE SUGGESTIONS BUT IF A FILTER IS CLOGED THE TRACTOR WOULD RUN A LITTLE HOT IF NOT HOT ;I CHANGED FUEL FILTER NO EFFECT AT ALL AND THE FIRE IS WHAT WORRIES THE HECK OUT OF ME ,I HAD A BEARING FALLURE ONCE AND IT WAS EASY TO FIND ALMOST CAUGHT ON FIRE , I CAN PUT MY HAND ON EACH BEARING AT THE FRONT SIDES AND THERE NOT HOT WHAT ABOUT THE DRUM ROLLER>YOU HAVE TO TEAR THE BALER APART TO CHANGE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

/ round baler #9  
did you also change the small filter before the lift pump? make sure hydraulic fluid is not over filled.clean the air filter.

/ round baler #10  
Sorry. But is a bearing is causing power consumption you will not need a laser thermometer - just be careful you do not burn yourself!

Irregardless there are are 3 important things to have when operating a rd baler laser thermometer,fire extinguisher & INSURANCE