Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one?

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one? #1  

papatractor

Tractor
Deere 2305
My 2305 cylinder head is cracked and I need a new head. Yanmar 3TNV76 engine. I have searched the web for new heads, but it seems like Deere is the only one selling them. I would like to buy new or used. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one?
They are on my list to call after the holiday. A search of their website did not turn up anything. I would like to figure out the Yanmar part number and try and find one that way. Struggling a bit to figure that out.

Oh yes! $2,000

My son was mowing and let it get too hot. They are known for getting grass over the screens. I wasn't there, but I can only speculate he ignored the little red light and ran it into the ground.

The engine is $4000. There are some used ones for $2300. There are only 200 hours on the tractor. :eek: My preference is to replace the head.

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one? #8  
Is the rest of the motor okay?

Seems to be. I did not see any cracks in the block. It would start and run. Just hard to start and then would blow out white smoke. Not visable leaks. The crack is between the valves in the middle cylinder.

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one? #10  
Seems to be. I did not see any cracks in the block. It would start and run. Just hard to start and then would blow out white smoke. Not visible leaks. The crack is between the valves in the middle cylinder.

I'd suggest taking it to an automotive machine shop first, if you haven't yet.
There is a reasonable possibility that you will need a new head, but the machine shop may be able to weld up that cracked head
after checking to ensure it is actually cracked (and if it is cracked, the full extent of the crack). You might just have a warped head.
Even if you can't salvage the head, you can strip the parts and buy the machined casting, which should cost considerably less then the built up head from Deere.
As far as finding another source....Yanmar engines are used extensively for industrial and marine applications. Don't limit your search to just tractor related sites.