New Holland TC45D - Leaking Hydraulic Fluid (replacement fluid?)

/ New Holland TC45D - Leaking Hydraulic Fluid (replacement fluid?) #1  

IronShepherd

Tractor
NH TC45D
All,

I'm somewhat new to the forum and Tractors.

I was plowing and a large root popped up and snagged the rubber t-coupling for the main hydraulic line under the right side of the tractor.
It was pulled off enough where there was a slow leak and no power to any of the hydraulics to the tractor, no drive as well.

I loosened up the two steel clamps left the top third clamp alone, reseated the loosened coupling back to where it was originally and tightened the 2 clamps back up, this restored power back to the tractor - I was very excited! However, I did loose quite a bit of fluid, I can not tell how much other than there was a bunch on the ground and all over my hands. My wife is not happy with the mess I made. I used kitty litter, that cleaned it up pretty good.

My question is, how do you tell how much fluid to put back in the tractor and does it go through the rear transmission case or somewhere else? I read the basic manual I received with the tractor but I did not see where the fluid goes. I feel stupid asking where it goes given I have worked on trucks for a while, but I'm new to this and rather ask a noobie question then screw up my tractor.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
IronShepherd

/ New Holland TC45D - Leaking Hydraulic Fluid (replacement fluid?)
Wow, 86 views and no replies, that has to be a record! HaHa

/ New Holland TC45D - Leaking Hydraulic Fluid (replacement fluid?) #3  
theirs a dip stick on the back of the tractor and a fill plug in between the upper 3 pt hitch arms . add oil till full on stick with bucket a 3 pt hitch down. my tractors not here so i cant take a pic

be careful with what oil you add. if you dont know whats in there now go to dealer and buy new holland oil for that tractor

/ New Holland TC45D - Leaking Hydraulic Fluid (replacement fluid?)
Thank you, wasn't sure if that was the only place.