start up problem

/ start up problem #1  

farmall788

Tractor
century 2535
I rrplaced the clutch assembly. On my century tractor and now i cant get it started. It has a very slow turn over . Battery. Is good but i did not bleed the hydraulics. Could that be the problem?

/ start up problem #2  
Hi. You will need to provide us with some more information. Tractor model, engine type, what exactly you did between when you turned it off and went to restart it, what you have tried, how it was starting beforehand, that kind of thing.
I don't mean to sound rude, but its really hard to give any sort of advice without knowing what kind of problem you may have. And I don't know your knowledge level.
I assume you have checked all the basic stuff, like fuel is on, if its petrol engine you haven't bumped the sparkplug caps, if its diesel the weather is not too cold and diesel has turned to gel, etc, etc.
If you give us everything you know, then someone will be able to help, and its probably something simple

Hope this helps

/ start up problem
Hi. You will need to provide us with some more information. Tractor model, engine type, what exactly you did between when you turned it off and went to restart it, what you have tried, how it was starting beforehand, that kind of thing.
I don't mean to sound rude, but its really hard to give any sort of advice without knowing what kind of problem you may have. And I don't know your knowledge level.
I assume you have checked all the basic stuff, like fuel is on, if its petrol engine you haven't bumped the sparkplug caps, if its diesel the weather is not too cold and diesel has turned to gel, etc, etc.
If you give us everything you know, then someone will be able to help, and its probably something simple

Hope this helps

Once i reassemble the tractor(which has a three cylinder diesel engine) i topped off all fuel and fluids, bleed the air from the fuel lines and tried starting it. It will only turn over once and stops. The tractor is a 2005 century 2535 with a three cylinder diesel. Its summer here and ttemperature is 87 degrees

/ start up problem #4  
G'day did you put all the battery grounds back on, was there a spacer where the starter bolts up? I don't know your tractor but I have had a small unit here that would not start and found the starter had a slight amount of movement in the mount holes and when we put it in it was too tight to the ring gear, backed it off a little and pulled it out to the outside of the holes and she started straight away.

Jon

/ start up problem #5  
First of all, I have never heard of your particular tractor, but google helped me out.
Look here to make sure I'm looking at the same thing:

Century 2535 - Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki - The classic vehicle and machinery wiki

Well, I will start at the top.
To me it sounds like it does a partial revolution then stops when the next piston hits compression stroke. Then if you crank again, does another and stops again when the next one hits compression. Is this correct?
The above is important - if the motor is not actually turning over then you may have hydraulic lock in one of many cylinders where liquid has got into the cylinder and when you turn it over the liquid will not compress, stopping the engine.
If you have a spare battery, put that in and try it. If you don't, charge the current one or try jump starting.
Battery terminals and leads should be checked. May be loose on the battery/starter motor. A good wiggle on everything never hurts.
If you are sure its not the battery, then the next thing is the starter motor. This will be harder to test, and anyone else is free to jump in and suggest something. It is unlikely but it may have died. If it was cranking fine beforehand, I doubt it.
While replacing the clutch, did the engine end up on an angle? Oil may have passed by the rings and become trapped on top of the piston.
Only real way to see if there is liquid up there is to take out the injector and then see if it cranks ok.