Century 2810 Tractor: replaced broken power steering hose; now tractor won't start

/ Century 2810 Tractor: replaced broken power steering hose; now tractor won't start #1  

HVACBOB

Tractor
Century 2810
I replaced a broken power steering hose on my Century 2810 Tractor. Now it won't start - won't even turn over. Battery is fully charged. I've checked all fuses on firewall; can't find any more fuses. Tried to jump it off from my truck battery, and still won't start. Will welcome any suggestions!

/ Century 2810 Tractor: replaced broken power steering hose; now tractor won't start #2  
Check to see if you accidentally knocked one of the small wires off the starter solenoid. Without that wire to energize what is essentially an electro-magnet, she will not turn over.

/ Century 2810 Tractor: replaced broken power steering hose; now tractor won't start #3  
Did you have to remove any parts to get to the steering hose? Do the dash lights come on when you turn the key?

Check for 12v at the starter and check the ground.

/ Century 2810 Tractor: replaced broken power steering hose; now tractor won't start
Thanks for the quick response. I've checked the small wire off the starter solenoid, but I haven't checked to see if there's power to the starter. Will try that tomorrow. Thanks again!

/ Century 2810 Tractor: replaced broken power steering hose; now tractor won't start
I did remove the dash panel, the forward/reverse lever. I also took the steering box loose and dropped it down to reach the hoses. The forward/reverse lever has a switch under the steering box, and I can't ohm that switch. Do you think that could indicate where my problem is? Thanks for helping!

/ Century 2810 Tractor: replaced broken power steering hose; now tractor won't start #6  
HVACBOB:

I am not familiar with your tractor, but I a guessing that switch under the steering box is a safety swith that will not allow the machine to turn over when it is in gear. Make sure it is not in gear and try jumping (essentially bypassing) the switch and see if the starter will turn over.

/ Century 2810 Tractor: replaced broken power steering hose; now tractor won't start #7  
Like gator I don't know a thing about your specific tractor but I agree with him, that will probably be the neutral switch. Are we correct in assuming the machine must have the F/R lever in neutral to start? You might have pulled loose a connection some where. Be careful jumping safety switches and let us know what you figure out.

Thanks for all the great advice. I will be working on it again tomorrow, and will post what happens!!

/ Century 2810 Tractor: replaced broken power steering hose; now tractor won't start #9  
19 months later...
I guess he either fixed it and didn't tell us, or gave up.
Anyway, if he had asked in the RIGHT PLACE he would have got the right answer very quickly.