removing remaning bearing race

/ removing remaning bearing race #1  

junglejry

Tractor
farmall super c
help ! I have removed the two bearings from my motts roller ! but one of the bearings race is stuck ! how in the world, do you get that thing out ? thanks !!

/ removing remaning bearing race #2  
Do you have access to a welder? If so, run a bead around the inside of the race and it will shrink the race.
If you dont have access to a welder, you might (carefully) cut through the race in a couple of spots and take it out in pieces.

Aaron Z

/ removing remaning bearing race #3  
Help me here what kind of bearing. Tried to look up motts roller and im getting apple juice. If it's an outer race in a bore you have a few options: slide hammer puller, laying a weld bead on it and popping it out, modified prybars. If it's a pillow block get out the cuttoff wheels and don't hit the shaft.

/ removing remaning bearing race
thanks aaron, great idea ! was just kind of lost with how to do it !

/ removing remaning bearing race
thanks loadstar ! I'm not the best guy here to try and restore old mowers ! but everyone here has been great helping me out ! thanks again !

/ removing remaning bearing race #6  
Blue wrench... cut it out!

/ removing remaning bearing race #7  
I'll 2nd run a bead around the center of the race and it will fall out when tapped.

/ removing remaning bearing race #8  
Cut it out with a torch !

/ removing remaning bearing race #9  
I have broken the races off with a cold chisel and hammer. Use two 2 lb hammers one as a backer.

Wear safety glasses.

I have also used a Dremel and cut them off. Just cut about half way through and hit with hammer.

Freeze it with CO2 or Freon and give it good hit.