John Deere L120 Blades

/ John Deere L120 Blades #1  

gbeamon

Tractor
L120
Has anybody bought replacement blades from Amazon and what is the best way to change blades? I looked at video about removal of deck but it seems if I can find a lifting device and just work on blades it would-be faster. I have pine trees and they are hard on keeping blades sharp, pine straw. Yes I pickup all the cones first, 100 or more at times.

/ John Deere L120 Blades #2  
Not sure what size your deck is, or what they want for them on Amazon, but check out the prices here: Glen's Surplus Products We've been buying our blades & engine supplies here for years (25 +) for our Wheel Horse's. They are high quality, and about $20.00+ less a set than through a W-H dealer.

The link will take you directly to the JD blades section.

/ John Deere L120 Blades
Thanks I will checkout, my deck is 42 inch and Amazon has a pair for $24.50 but they are a mulching blade. Regular blade $13.50 for one.

/ John Deere L120 Blades #4  
Search on eBay. They will probably have sets and may include idler pulleys. I buy all my blades from eBay and I'm very happy with the price and quality.

/ John Deere L120 Blades
Thanks but E-BAY prices are a little higher and it is not clear on deck size. For a L120 42 inch deck there are several blades show with different size bolt holes? I guess I have to go to John Deere for correct part Number then cross it over to what is on line. That is why I went to Amazon because they listed the John Deere part Number and showed 42 inch deck. :thumbsup:

Last edited: